Relationships can bring enormous comfort and nurturing to partners and spouses. However it is usual that over time tensions and resentments start to build up. Whether in a heterosexual or gay relationship, intimacy gets blocked, leaving no room for couples to feel authentically close to each other.
The focus of couples therapy is to provide a setting in which both partners can feel safe to explore feelings and work on having a deeper understanding of each other’s needs. An experienced and licensed impartial therapist is present. In couples therapy you will learn new skills in how to build intimacy and connection while also maintaining respect and self-identity.
Couples therapy can help to repair:
• Intimacy issues
• Communication difficulties
• Sexual issues
• Financial management conflicts
• Infidelity problems
• Power and control issues
• Career conflicts
What to expect from subsequent therapy sessions:
• Understanding and changing patterns of behavior that create conflicts
• Clarifying each partner’s expectations and identifying strengths
• Learning tools to negotiate differences and solve problems together
• Practicing concrete skills for clear and non-blaming communications
• Balancing closeness with a sense of self and individuality
To schedule an appointment, please fill out the information below or call me at 212-229-0090. All sessions are confidential.